So, I've been meditating on it throughout the day and this evening and realized I just need to give up. Yeah, that's right, I'm just going to give up! I'm giving up.......
- The easy way out - I'm going to do the work and deal with the things that are hectic so these things aren't just pushed to the back of my mind and blow up, because they will resurface again if not dealt with
- Negative thinking/self-talk - I'm going to get out of my head, quit telling myself lies, and quit being my own obstacle
- Fear of failure - I'm going to remind myself that I determine my own success and any goal is attainable (The 10x Rule)
- Expecting perfection - Remember I'm not perfect nor am I expected to be perfect, I can't control everything, and give myself permission to be human and to feel
- People pleasing - I'm not doing things just to please others. I have certain people, my parents, Michael, Pastor Scott, who I respect their opinions; and I'm grateful they are real and honest enough to give me their advice, but respect me enough to let me do what's best for myself
- Putting other's needs before mine - it's not selfish to put my needs before others. It's important I take care of myself first and do what I need to do to make sure my life is less stressful and anxious
- My excuses - excuses don't get me results, nor does it get me closer to my goals. No time, work crazy, too tired? Those are bullshit stories I tell myself to avoid doing the work and dealing with the chaos.
These are things that I've recently been allowing to control me and it's caused me some stress and anxiety these past couple weeks. So, in order to be happy, move forward to meet my goals, and get myself motivated again I have to give up on these things. What will you give up to be happy?