Translate

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Good Things Come To Those Who.......

You’ve heard that saying, “Good things come to those who wait”, right? Well, that might be true in some situations, but when it comes to your health and fitness I have to say that just won’t work!
 
In about three months I’ll be celebrating my four year anniversary with Fitness Together, and in that time I’ve been able to accomplish so many goals and have become the healthiest I’ve been in over 20 years. In March of 2011 I realized I couldn’t do this on my own and the only option for me was to invest in a personal trainer. So, after a couple weeks of researching local businesses/personal trainers, I made the decision that Fitness Together seemed to be what was going to be the best. And I have to admit, my research paid off and I was right! Michael Watkins and his team of trainers over the past three years and 9 months have changed my life.
 
One of the reasons I’ve been slacking on my blog, besides being busy at work and getting back into my music with the church, is I’ve been focusing on one of my biggest goals and that was to be under 200 pounds. I actually set this goal back in July, and was starting to get really discouraged and frustrated because I just wasn’t making it. I had a few moments where I thought it wasn’t worth it anymore, but also knew deep down that wasn’t the answer. So, despite the frustrations and emotional ups/downs, I kept pushing forward. And this past month both Michael and I (and he’s been a trooper putting up with me) have put in a lot of time, effort, and energy to be able to meet this goal (I’m pretty sure I had a few tears also). And, I’m happy and proud to say I finally did it as of Wednesday December 3rd! I not only broke the 200 mark, but exceeded it by a couple pounds. And, not only am I under 200 pounds, but my total weight loss since starting Fitness Together is 153 pounds!
 
Now, I do give a lot of credit to Michael and the trainers for my success, because without their continued support and encouragement I wouldn’t be as successful as I am today. HOWEVER….all they can do is provide the support and encouragement, along with the tools and knowledge to be successful, but it’s up to me to do it! And that’s exactly what I do! I don’t sit around and wait for them to ask me questions or make them try to figure out what it is that I need or want. I speak up and go to them, I message them, I say hey lets meet and talk, I tell them my concerns, frustrations, what I like, what I don’t like (which sometimes this doesn’t matter…lol), I ask questions and ask for help when I need it; but the most important thing is I take all that feedback and those suggestions and DO IT!
 
I didn’t find the best team of personal trainers by sitting around waiting for them to find me. I didn’t get started on this journey, or even continue it, by sitting around waiting for someone to tell me what to do. I didn’t lose 153 pounds by continuing to eat the same unhealthy diet. I didn’t go from barely being able to use a 15 pound Kettlebell to being able to deadlift 285 pounds (if not more now) by skipping workouts or not giving my all in every session. I was able to get all these amazing results by getting off my ass, working hard, and more importantly NEVER GIVING UP!!!!
 
So, what’s stopping you from becoming the healthiest you can be? Figure it out and then figure out what YOU need to do to change it! Because when it comes to health and fitness, good things don’t happen to those who wait….AWESOME results happen to those who get off their asses, work hard, and never give up! BOOM!!!! There you have it, keeping it real!

No comments:

Post a Comment