Translate

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Weigh-In Update - Progress Is Progress


Another week of being down on the scale and one step closer to making my goal! I lost 2.4 pounds this week, which is almost 7 pounds in the past two weeks. But, the best part, that makes my grand total weight loss 134.8 pounds!

Another awesome thing that happened, is I am wearing a smaller size shirt! When I weighed 350 pounds I wore a size 3X! Several months ago I was finally down to a large, and I noticed a few weeks ago my t-shirts were starting to fit kind of loose. Being a client at Fitness Together, I have been very fortunate to be able to get to know Danny Cahill, winner of "The Biggest Loser" Season 8. Recently I had an opportunity to have a conversation with him about some personal struggles I've been working through, and I had asked him about his "Lose Your Quit" t-shirts he sells. He asked me what size, so I said lets go with a medium. I figured if it didn't fit, it wouldn't be long before it would fit. So, yesterday when I went to my lunch workout I got my medium t-shirt, along with the book "Losing Big". But the t-shirt actually fit! I've been wearing it all day because I'm so proud of it! :)





Also, we had several Fitness Together clients that checked-in with amazing accomplishments this week! So proud to be a part of this amazing support system! But, before I post all the great things that happened, I do want to mention the purpose of the quote I picked along with how it ties in with Danny Cahill's "Lose Your Quit". I've had some conversations recently with other clients who made some progress, but just not what they wanted or expected. But, one of the things I want to really emphasize is the importance of not giving up, or as my shirt says, "Lose Your Quit". It's very easy for people to quit when they aren't making any progress, and just as easy to quit even if they make slow progress. But, what is important to remember is, slow progress is still progress. And so, regardless of what the progress is, I'm excited to share the important milestones of my Fitness Together brothers and sisters!


  • Beck E. - Has already met her April goal!
  • Kari C. - Lost 3 pounds this week!
  • Jamie B. - Hit a new deadlift PR of 360 pounds!
  • Julie W. - Lost 1.1 pounds this week, making a total of 4 pounds in two weeks!
  • Patty H. - Lost almost a pound, and with her 3.3 from last week, that's over 4 pounds in two weeks!
  • Greg K. - He officially lost a total of 51 pounds and completed his first 10K!
  • Lisa B. - Dropped another 5.2 pounds this week, making her total 16.2 pounds! AND allowing her to already meet her April goal!
  • Charla C. - Also lost 5.2 pounds this week!


So very proud of these amazing results! They worked hard and deserve every bit of recognition! If you're ready to get results like this, contact Michael Watkins - Owner or Keith Jacobs - Manager, at Fitness Together Downtown Tulsa or Jenks/Riverside and tell them I sent you! If you are not in the local Tulsa area, I encourage you to click here and contact a local Fitness Together. Remember, regardless of how much or little you are improving, progress is progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment