Translate

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Daily Thoughts - Who Do You Surround Yourself With?

We've all been told people come into our lives for a reason. Sometimes we have people who are our biggest cheerleaders and you think this is a person who will always be a part of your life and close inner circle. I know I've experienced that and even thought there is no way I could do this without them. At some point, the changes I was making and the path I was going down wasn't the most positive. At the time I wasn't seeing it, I thought I truly was making the best decisions for me. But, as I continued down that path with the people I thought I couldn't survive without, I still had those other individuals that I had pushed out of my circle just waiting for me. Never judging me, never abandoning me, just giving me the space and time I needed to figure things out. As I struggled with feeling that I was alone and didn't know what to do, they stepped back into my close inner circle and I was reminded how important it is to surround yourself with those people who truly love you, motivate you, encourage you, inspire you, and would do everything they can to help you be successful and happy.

Sometimes we have to step back, do some meditation, and really evaluate the people in our lives. And as hard as it is sometimes, those people who are no longer serving your life in a positive way, it might be time to let them go. Now, I personally struggled with this, and I did have to let go of some people. But, there some I didn't want to just give up on, but really work things out. So, I did give some time before shutting certain people out, but after being hurt and disappointed so many times because they want to focus on the negative and what is best for them, I realize there were some that just weren't ever going to be able to serve me in a positive way so I had to let go.

So, who are you surrounding yourself with? Is time to evaluate the people? If you feel the relationship is worth fighting for, by all means, have a heart to heart with that person. But, if they can't respect you enough to truly support you in a positive way, it might be time to let them go. There's another quote I like, "Surround yourself with those who with lift you higher."

No comments:

Post a Comment