Translate

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Let Shit Go, Including People

We all have things, and even people, in our life who tend to have a negative impact in our lives. We allow them to become obstacles in our path to meeting our goals. And the hardest part is when it comes to the people who you truly care about, and it’s not that you don’t want them in your life, but they just aren’t serving the most positive purpose. This can cause a lot of emotional, mental, and spiritual stress which in turns puts stress on you physically. So, the question is, what does a person do? Do we just completely cut them out, or do we limit our encounter with them? Well, that will depend on you and the other person. I’ve had to completely cut people out of my life, even though it was a very hard decision.

This past week I had an opportunity to really reflect on certain relationships, old and new, and have decided there needs to be some changes made. The question I asked myself and meditated on is, why am I investing into relationships mentally, emotionally, and spiritually with people who don’t put the effort to invest into the relationship because maybe for them it’s not as important to them as it is to me? And it’s not that I expect something in return from the other person, I do things for people because I want to and because I do care about my friendships/relationships. But, what I realized through my meditation is that as I was making some people/relationships a priority who basically only reach out to me when they need me for something or when it’s convenient for them over the people who were actually wanting to invest in our relationship/friendship. And like I said, it’s not that these relationship/friendships aren’t important, and I will still continue to be there as much as I can for them when they need me and I will continue to reach out to them as well, but I’m not going to invest as much of my emotional and mental energy into relationships that are not having a positive impact in my being. Doing this only leads to disappointment, frustration, feelings of hurt, and then often leading to resentment.


So, I’ve decided moving forward, I still love these people and I’ll still be there for them when they need me because I truly do care about them; but I’m also going to be investing myself emotionally and mentally into relationships where there is a mutual respect, friendship, and with people who help me grow as a person. Anyone else, and it’s not being selfish or mean, but I’m no longer making them a priority over myself or others who put in the effort to reach out to me to just say hi or ask how I’m doing. Anything and anyone else, I’m just going to let that shit go and not worry about it. I’m not mad, hurt, or disappointed anymore because I’ve been able to work through that this last week with lots of mediation and journaling. I am just going to focus on those relationships with people who make me laugh, feel good, and have a positive impact on my life mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment