Translate

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Turkish Get-Ups


I know, I know…..it’s been several weeks since I’ve posted anything! But it’s not that I haven’t had things to write about, or that I’ve been slacking, it’s just life has been kind of crazy busy for me recently. For those who don’t know, my full time job is with CommunityCare health insurance, and I’m a Supervisor in Member Services over the Medicare product. We’ve been busy preparing for Medicare’s annual Open Enrollment, which just officially started a couple weeks ago. So between work, making sure I’m getting my workouts in, and making time for myself, friends, and family I just haven’t had the time to sit down and write a post. I do make time to meditate and journal, which is where a lot of my blog posts come from, compiled thoughts from my personal journal. I did have a rough couple weeks recently, but overall life is just freaking awesome!

A quick update! I ended up being down 28 pounds following a new nutrition program Michael offers. I'm still doing some boxing to help keep that variety in my cardio. I’ve completed my first 10K and I’m now training for my first half marathon, which I will run in December down in Dallas! So excited!

But, for today’s post the subject is Turkish Get-Ups! And the reason is because recently I had a conversation with someone about our favorite exercises and I always find it interesting to hear what others enjoy doing. Plus, I always seem to learn something! And Turkish Get-Ups are my all-time favorite exercise, and unless you’ve been working with a personal a lot of people have no idea what these are! I don’t know why these are my favorite, because they are hard as heck, but I just love doing them! It’s one of those exercises that work every part of your body from your legs, core, and upper body. The inserted picture of me is one of my favorite pictures that Michael took of me a couple years ago. And I’ve also inserted a YouTube video below of how to do Turkish Get-ups. These can be done with a kettlebell or even a dumbbell. Or if you’re just attempting them for the first time, don’t use any weight at all, and focus on your form. Just be sure, even though you aren’t holding a weight, you continue to keep that arm up straight at all times! J

Hopefully with things slowing down a bit I’ll be able to post at least a couple times a week. Life is good and I’m blessed with amazing readers, family, and friends! Have a wonderful weekend! Love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment