Translate

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Daily Thoughts - Don't Wait For Others

Over the past few years my passion to help others has continued to grow. I even at one point looked into going back to school and getting a degree, or at least getting certified, in some type of personal training field. I do have many people, other FT clients, friends, family, and coworkers who reach out to me for help when it comes to working out and eating healthy. Since I've been doing the Empire program with Michael, I've really been able to focus on what it is that I really want to do. Yes, I want to help people become healthy, but what I've figured out is that actually, I don't want to be a personal trainer. I love being able to sit down and talk with people about their goals, what it is they want, and even discuss the areas they are struggling in and help come up with ideas so they can start getting results. I'll leave the personal training to Michael and his team of trainers! Ha! But, it's more than just helping them figure things out and sending them off on their own. I want to be someone who they can depend on for encouragement, motivation, accountability, and to be tough on them when needed (only because I care). I'm not sure if there is a technical title for that kind of person, but I'm calling it a Professional Health & Fitness Mentor.

After I talked with Michael a couple weeks ago about what it is I want to do and what my true passion is, I told him I know I can do more to help others and I want to do more. I'm tired of sitting around and just waiting for people to reach out to me. Sometimes I might go a month before someone reaches out, but I know there are people who need and want help that might not feel like they deserve the help or that asking for help means they've failed. So, I've decided I'm no longer just sitting around waiting for others to reach out to me, but I'm going to start putting myself out there more. Eventually this will be a service I'm hoping to be able to offer to others, not just our FT clients, because there are so many people who need and want help; and I want to be able to be that person who can make a difference. But, in the meantime, Michael is helping me set goals and even giving me the opportunity to offer seminars to our FT clients. In August I'll be doing a carb cycling seminar for our clients. Carb cycling is something I've been doing for about two years now and so I get a lot of questions on it from our clients, so this is a good way for me to put myself out there for others instead of me just waiting for them to contact me. And I'm really excited about it and already have five people signed up!

So, if you have a passion and you're sitting back waiting for someone to reach out to you or something specific to happen, you're not going to get much done. When I saw this quote above, it really hit home with me, because sometimes I do underestimate the difference I'm making to others. I know I'm inspiring, motivating, and making a difference to others; I just need to step up, reach out, and do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment