Translate

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Workout! Even When You Don't Feel Like It

We all have those days where we just don't feel like working out. And one thing I've learned over the past 4 1/2 years is that when you have bad days or days you don't feel like working out, those are the days you really should get your ass in there! I have actually found when I do I end up leaving feeling better, verses if I would have skipped my workout I would have felt the same and then started feeling guilty.

I had one of those days recently. I woke up with a headache, had a busy day at work with meetings and taking care of some escalated claims issues for our members, and it seemed it was non-stop. So, when it came time to go workout I really wanted to just shut myself off from everything and sleep; but instead I went and worked out. My headache was still there, but I did feel a little better. And when I got off work, I really wanted to go home instead of going to do cardio; but once again I remembered these are the times I need to suck it up and just get in there. So, I made my way down to the Jenks studio with intentions to just do cardio, but when I got there the trainer had this really awesome workout that would be challenging so I decided to jump into that and do something to push myself harder. And let me tell you, that workout definitely pushed me harder.

Now, if you've been injured or have some type of pain issues, maybe you can still go in and the trainer can modify things; or you might truly need to take a few days to recover as to not further injure yourself. But, what I'm talking about when I say getting in there regardless of how you feel and working out harder is when you are just having one of those days where you don't feel like it or just don't want to. So, definitely listen to your body and if it's feeding you a bunch of bullshit then get out of your own head, get into the gym, and as I like to say...DO THE DAMN WORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment