Translate

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Goal Setting

We hear all the time we need to set smart. When you set a goal and someone says “you’re crazy” or "that’s dumb”, what is your first instinct? Do you start questioning the goal? Do you start doubting your ability to meet the goal? Here’s what I’ve recently learned about goal setting. Yes, it’s important to set those S.M.A.R.T. goals, which are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound. But, what I’ve also realized is that when I set a goal for myself and someone says “you’re crazy” or “that’s dumb”, or I get that “holy shit, I’m scared” feeling; then that means I've set something that is going to be challenging and instead of questioning the goal or doubting myself, I just need to get out of my damn head and go for it! My body goal for this 90 days is a big one and it does scare me a bit, but I'm going into it 100% focused and determined and I’m making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment