Translate

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year - Moving Forward

What a way to kick of 2014! Had a great workout with an amazing group of people at Fitness Together! I believe there were 21 of us that showed up and we all killed it! Several of us also completed day one of the January challenge I posted. And.....I also weighed in! I wanted to share my thoughts on the importance of utilizing tools for accountability.

A couple days ago, Michael made the comment it looked like I was losing inches again. And I might have, but I told him I wasn't sure what the scale would indicate. Even though I worked out and made healthy choices, the fact I didn't weigh-in or write anything I ate down for the past three weeks was reflected on the scale (and I also know I had a few moments I allowed stress and my emotions get the best of me). I was up 3.8 pounds from about three weeks ago, and I know it could have been way worse. I just need to get back to completing my food journal and doing my weekly weigh-ins to keep me accountable. I've mentioned before the importance of having people in your life that support and encourage you, because they are great about keeping you accountable as well. And yes, I have several people, in fact it seems my circle of support continues to grow and I LOVE it! But, there are still some things I have to do myself to make sure I am meeting my goals and being successful.

When I saw the picture and quote above, I thought it was perfect for this post. I know for me personally, as I've gone through my own personal health and fitness journey, I have gone through these exact emotions from time to time. So, I'm not going to worry about what I could have or should have done. I know where I slacked the last few weeks, now it's just a matter of moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment