Translate

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Keep Your Goals!

I’m sure we all have experienced this from time to time, where we will set a goal and then when it doesn’t seem we will reach it, we adjust our goal. After seeing this quote it made me think, that’s probably not the best way to approach it.


Because I’m at a point where the weight comes off very slow, I decided instead of having weight-loss goals I would have non-scale goals to keep me from being discouraged. I still weigh in every week for accountability, but I’m just not focusing on the scale. Something I’ve recently set as a goal is to get some more 5Ks in, and then do a 10K by May and a 15K by October. And after I have my next assessment I will set some other non-scale goals. But, now I’m thinking I should still have some type of weight-loss goal, because I do still need and want to lose weight; but just not focus only on the weight-loss. I want to be realistic with the weight-loss, so I’m going to set a goal to lose 8 pounds in six weeks. I just started a 21 day challenge with Fitness Together that I think will help me, not only reach my weight-loss goal, but even some of my non-scale goals.


When we set a goal, typically we also have set some type of plan. But, as life can be unpredictable, plans don’t always go as expected. We really need to focus on the goal, and that should never change. If we see our goal won’t be reached when or how we were expecting it to, instead of changing the goal we should re-evaluate our plan and adjust where needed to reach that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment