Translate

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

WHAT A WORKOUT!!!!

photo courtesy of Michael Watkins - owner/operator
Fitness Together Downtown Tulsa
Fitness Together Jenks/Riverside
As I mentioned in my last post, I've been kind of struggling to pull my thoughts together on what I should write about. Last couple days were kind of rough emotional days, but as usual I got through them with all the support and kind words from various people. So, even though today I woke up feeling a little better, I just wasn't sure what to expect when I showed up at 5:30 AM for my private session with Michael. He mentioned he was just thinking last night I hadn't blogged about one of our workouts lately. I should have known he had a beast of a workout planned for me!

But, before I get to this morning's workout, I want to mention some other things. Last night I had an opportunity to have a what I call a therapeutic run with Michael. We both were able to get a good run in, and I was able to spill my guts while he listened. After being able to talk with him, and then his crazy workout this morning, I went into work feeling better about things that were bothering me. But, then a few other things happened that really just made my day. I got an email from a girl I work with letting me know that I've been such an inspiration for her, and she's been doing well but was starting to lose motivation. She wanted to know what I did to keep my motivation with this new lifestyle change. It really made my day, and then had two other people make comments that it looked like I was getting smaller. This really made my day because the scales haven't been going down very much lately, so this at least is telling me that even if the scale isn't doing much I'm obviously improving elsewhere.

So, after being able to get through a couple of days of an emotional roller coaster, a killer workout, and few reminders of how well I'm doing; it caused my mental block to crack and I have a couple blog topics I'll be working on this week. The first one I plan on working on is how I keep my motivation living a healthy lifestyle. Look for that post within the next couple days!

But, in the meantime, let me just tell you about Michael's killer workout this morning! Two sets of exercises, four exercises each set. I worked 30 seconds on and 15 seconds of rest for four rounds each set! And by the way, it involved suicide push-ups! Oh, and that's not all! You gotta have a beast of a finisher, right? So, Mr. Watkins decides to let me do a EMOTM (Every Minute On The Minute) of 30 yard sled sprints at 100 pounds for 10 minutes! And I would also like to thank Michael for thinking of everything I would need for my blog and snapping the picture above while I did the sled sprints! Like I said, WHAT A WORKOUT!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment