Translate

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Planning And Prepping

Meal planning is very essential when it comes to meeting your health and fitness goals. I've been planning my weekly meals for quite some time now, but the last few weeks I have taken Michael's suggestion on prepping my meals for the week and it has really made a difference! I take the weekend to plan my menu for the week, and then Sunday I prep all my lunches and dinners for the week. It's been nice knowing when I get home from my day I don't have to cook dinner or prepare a lunch for the next day. All I have to do is heat up my dinner and then grab a lunch out of the freezer and pack that along with my snacks for the next day. This has also allowed me to stay completely on track with my meal plan for the week.

Before I started prepping my meals for the week, I would come home each night and cook my dinner and also cook something for my lunch the next day. Even though I had it planned out, by doing this, I was still risking getting off track. I would have nights I wouldn't feel like cooking so I would throw something simple and quick together and a lot of times may not have been the healthiest options. Because of some of the conversations I had last week, I thought this would be a great reminder about the importance of not only planning your meals ahead of time, but the benefits of also prepping them ahead of time. So, what are you doing to plan and prep to ensure you meet your own health and fitness goals this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment