Translate

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Daily Thoughts - Are You Working Out Correctly?

One of the reasons I have a personal trainer, besides the fact he kicks my ass way more than I would kick my own, is that I never knew if I was doing things correctly or if I was doing enough. Working out on my own, as soon as I would start sweating or it became "hard", that's when I would stop instead of pushing through past my comfort zone. Also, outside getting on a treadmill, going for a walk, sit ups, and jumping jacks, I was clueless on how/what to use as far as weights or equipment so wouldn't even attempt that. Nor was I about to ask anyone because that would be just too embarrassing! And sweat? YUCK!!!! Of course looking back on it now I should not have felt like that. We all have to start somewhere and we all have to start with the basics.

So, if you are not allowing yourself outside your comfort zone, I encourage you to do so. Ask for help, or if you need more than just advice and need someone to hold you accountable, then look at investing in a personal trainer. If you're in the Tulsa area I know a great team of trainers at Fitness Together Downtown and Fitness Together Jenks/Riverside. If you're experiencing those things listed on the quote, then you know you're doing it right when you workout. But, if you're experiencing those things AND you want to punch your trainer in the face then you know they are doing it right and you're workout is effective!

No comments:

Post a Comment