Translate

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Fitness Together - More Than Just A Name

photo courtesy of Michael Watkins - owner/operator
Fitness Together Downtown Tulsa
Fitness Together Jenks/Riverside
Today I had a discussion with someone through private message that really started to bother me. I think the thing that bothers me the most is this is a person I felt I could always open up to and trust, but recently I can't help but feel the trust slowly dissolve. This conversation started to make me really think about "Fitness Together", and asking myself what does that mean to me? For me personally it means so much.

Fitness Together is a place that has changed my life and has guided me to be a healthier person. It's a place where I can go when I'm happy, sad, angry, or frustrated and use those emotions to push through my workouts. It's a place where I can go when I'm having a bad day and know I have someone that will listen and be there to make me feel better. It's a place where I can share my story and know I'm not being judged in a negative way. It's place where I can get all the support and encouragement which motivates me to reach my health and fitness goals. It's a place where, not only I can get inspiration, but where I can inspire others to stay motivated and become healthier as well. It's a place where it's name is exactly what you can expect to receive, "Fitness Together". I love my private one-on-one sessions with my trainer, and wouldn't give them up for anything; but, I also love being able to train in the small group setting where together we are pushing each other each day to be better and to keep going. But, regardless if I'm training with the group or my private session, I always receive the support and encouragement from all my FT family.

My prior post was about working together, and in that I talked about having monthly challenges for 2014 to keep us all motivated throughout the year so we can reach our individual goals we set for ourselves. Recently I was able to find challenges for each month, and within the next week I'll post the challenge for January so you can start preparing to kick off the new year, but I wanted to give you a brief summary of what to expect for the 2014 challenges.

  • January - Total Body
  • February - Planks
  • March - Squats
  • April - Cardio
  • May - Push-ups
  • June - Glutes
  • July - Total Body
  • August - Lunges
  • September - Ab/Core
  • October - 5K (walking/running)
  • November - BURPEES Happy Birthday to me! :)
  • December - Arms
Having challenges and goals keeps the journey fresh and exciting. If we don't have something to look forward to, it would be easy for us to get bored and just give up. But, being able to face these challenges and work on your goals with others, is a great way to have some accountability and also a great way to stay motivated. So, hope you join me next year and accept these challenges!

And after much thought of what "Fitness Together" means to me, I've determined it's more than just the name of the fitness center where I train, but something we do. One thing I've learned over the time I've been Michael's client, is I'm never alone. Together we can accomplish anything, and there's no other place I would rather get my motivation and support from than my Fitness Together family!

No comments:

Post a Comment