Translate

Monday, December 16, 2013

Focus On You

The past few days I've had some private conversations that started to really bring me down and upset me, but I know how important it is to remain positive and not let others actions or words effect my mood or behavior. I even sent Michael a message this evening after I got home from work telling him how good I was feeling (even though I think it's because I was finally back into my routine and was able to get in some great cardio and sessions today). But, despite that I was feeling great, I couldn't help but think of the past few days and started to feel sad. It reminded me of a time where I blogged about not letting others control you. And even though I really should be in bed, I knew I would be constantly thinking about this until I revisited and blogged about it again. 

I revisited that particular post and I encourage you to read it as well. You can click here to go directly to the post from September 10, 2013 titled "Don't Let Others Control You". I'm not going to be as successful as I want to be if I continue to worry about everyone else's opinions and what they are doing, and I definitely can't allow them to control how I feel by their comments. Something I've learned, is there will always be people who will want to bring me down and try to sabotage what I'm working so hard to obtain (even if it's not intentional). And what I have to do is make sure, that no matter how hard it may be, I ALWAYS have to do what's best for me! And, as I've mentioned before in another recent post, make sure to surround yourself with people who will lift you higher, and not bring you down. Because when it comes down to it, the only person you need to impress or be concerned about, is yourself.

1 comment: