Translate

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Challenge Yourself

Earlier I blogged about accepting, facing, and conquering challenges. The best challenges to accept are those against yourself. By challenging yourself, you're only bound to improve. My trainer challenged me this week to see what the max weight would be I could deadlift. A year ago I was able to deadlift 190 pounds. Thursday I was able to max out at 230 pounds. The best way to challenge yourself is to keep track of your workouts. My trainer has me keep a book logged with all my workouts which include exercises that are based on time, distance, max reps, max rounds, or max weight. By keeping track of these, the next time I do the same workout or exercise, I'm able to see how I've improved. This is one way to see how much more healthier and stronger you're becoming. I always enjoy a good challenge against other people. But, when it comes down to it, the only person I want to be better than, is the person I was yesterday. (photo courtesy of Michael Watkins owner Fitness Together)

No comments:

Post a Comment