Translate

Friday, October 25, 2013

Weekend Workout Challenge

Today I was talking to a co-worker about my blog and the things I post. I mentioned in the past I've even posted recipes and various workouts, but haven't done that in awhile and need to start doing that again. There are various cardio workouts you can do, and I really like doing the HIIT style workouts. HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training. You can click here for a great idea of what a HIIT style workout is and the benefits you can receive from doing them. I tend to get better results on the scale when I incorporate these types of workouts, and typically my trainer will write them for me. But, today I wrote a very challenging HIIT cardio workout for myself. I had a couple people private message me about what exactly I was doing for the workout, so I thought this would be a perfect time to get back into posting a weekly workout that people can do on their own.

Here is the following workout I completed today. I will give variations of the workout so you can choose what would be best for you, especially if you are in beginning stages of working out. It's always important to push yourself beyond your comfort zone, but just as important to know your limitations and be safe. If you have any questions on what a specific exercise is, or how it works, you can search YouTube for examples. Or feel free to shoot me a message on my Facebook page or my e-mail at sherrie_bullock@ymail.com. Also, if you need modified versions of these, you can do the same thing, search YouTube or shoot me a message. I really hope this will give you some motivation to get a workout in and would love to hear your feedback on me posting workouts to challenge you all!

Advanced Complete Version - 4 rounds of the following exercises (total time 42 minutes)
ROUND 1 - 30 seconds work/30 seconds rest
ROUND 2 - 40 seconds work/20 second rest
ROUND 3 - 50 seconds work/10 seconds rest
ROUND 4 - 60 seconds work/0 seconds rest
You get a 2 minute rest between each round

  • Boxing - If you don't have access to a heavy bag, do jumping jacks. Important thing is you're moving!
  • Body Squats
  • Ball Slams - If you don't have access to a ball, do burpees
  • Push-ups
  • Sit-ups
  • Leg Lifts
  • V-ups
  • Jump Rope - If you don't have access to a jump rope, do quick high knees in place
  • Plank

Intermediate Version - 4 rounds of the following exercises (total time 30 minutes)

ROUND 1 - 30 seconds work/30 seconds rest
ROUND 2 - 30 seconds work/30 second rest
ROUND 3 - 40 seconds work/20 seconds rest
ROUND 4 - 40 seconds work/20 seconds rest
You get a 2 minute rest between each round

  • Body Squats
  • Push-ups
  • Sit-ups
  • Leg Lifts
  • Jump Rope - If you don't have access to a jump rope, do jumping jacks
  • Plank

Beginner Version - 4 rounds of the following exercises (total time 22 minutes)

ROUND 1 - 30 seconds work/30 seconds rest
ROUND 2 - 30 seconds work/30 second rest
ROUND 3 - 30 seconds work/30 seconds rest
ROUND 4 - 30 seconds work/30 seconds rest
You get a 2 minute rest between each round

  • Body Squats
  • Push-ups
  • Sit-ups
  • Jump Rope - If you don't have access to a jump rope, do jumping jacks

No comments:

Post a Comment