Translate

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Ever Wondered Why We Plank?

Today I didn't have a session with my trainer, but wanted to get some cardio in, so I asked for a cardio workout. Again, I asked for it! He sent me a HIIT interval workout and I had to do four rounds of these five different exercises, and the last one was a plank. I've asked before, what the heck is the purpose of a plank. And, just in case you are unaware, there are many ways to do planks and all are just as hard. Well apparently this is why we do them!

2 comments:

  1. Pfftt... that drawing totally isn't highlighting the engagement of the TVA or posterior chain... muscley skeletor girl = doin' a plank wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pfftt...what are you, like a professional personal trainer or something? :) Besides, if she was smart she would keep her butt up in the air, it's easier; may not be right, but definitely easier!

      Delete