Translate

Monday, July 8, 2013

One Day At A Time

There are times when a person sets a goal and taking it a day at a time is the best thing to do. Don't get me wrong, it's always good to have short and long term goals, but sometimes before we get to these goals we tend to start struggling for various reasons. We quit seeing results, it becomes too hard, daily routines change, we get bored, etc. But, instead of having the mindset that we can't do it, we need to just stop for a moment and take it a day at a time.



When I saw this picture, I wanted to share it because this was how my thought process was today. This week will be kind of an abnormal schedule for me at work. I'm having to reschedule my workout sessions, which that's not too bad; but it's causing limited time for me to get my extra cardio in. And all I can think about is how I have a goal to meet by October 1st.

Today when I went in to work, I knew I wouldn't make it to the fitness center since I didn't have a session, but told myself I would try to get some cardio in at some point. So, I basically started the day at step 5. As the day went on, I realized it was going to be more difficult than I thought to get some type of activity in. But, then I told myself I can and will do it. So, I had three opportunities to use the stairs at work instead of the elevator, so I did. But, by the time I got home it was 8:15 in the evening. Typically I tell myself it's too late to do anything, but this time I told myself even if it's only 30 minutes I will get some type of cardio in so I went for a 30 minute walk/jog. I felt great afterwards because I was able to put myself at the top step telling myself "Yes, I did it!".

So, look at your own personal goals, and when you get to a point where you feel discouraged or about to give up; stop and just take it a day at a time. Where are you at on the step process? Regardless if you're still on the bottom step, figure out what you need to do to start climbing to reach your goals. Get past the try, because chances are once you've mentally told yourself you can and will do it, then YOU WILL DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment