Translate

Monday, July 29, 2013

Weigh-In Update

If you've been following my blog, I try to weigh-in weekly and then post if I gained or lost for the week. With everything going on the past few weeks, I haven't actually weighed in for about three weeks. Last Monday I did start the week off with a "fresh start"mentality and had an assessment done, which told me over the past few weeks I've lost focus. I was up a few pounds, but nothing that can't be easily fixed!

Because of the changes, I mentioned I would be weighing in on Mondays. I know I'm in the majority when it comes to being nervous when getting on those scales, especially if you've worked your butt off (which I did this week) and then the number isn't what you expected or wanted. So now here I am with how I did this first week working with a different trainer and in a different environment. And just as I thought, it wasn't anything what I expected! I KICKED BUTT!!!! I lost 7 pounds this week due to the few minor changes I went through, so I guess embracing change can be a good thing!

One of the changes I embraced. That's me at the new downtown location and new machine. I'm hooked on that rower!
Picture courtesy of Michael Watkins, owner Fitness Together Downtown Tulsa and Jenks/Riverside


It was kind of a bitter/sweet moment. I'm happy I lost 7 pounds and back on track, but deep down I kind of felt like I let my other trainer Mike down because I apparently wasn't staying focused enough to accomplish that kind of weight loss in a long time. I chatted a bit with him tonight, and he's super proud of me, and that really helps me feel better about it. So, let's see what I can do next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment