Translate

Saturday, July 20, 2013

New Beginnings On An Old Journey

As you can tell by the dates of my post it's been a couple weeks since I've been on here. I do have a lot going on health wise and also struggling on how to move forward with my fitness journey. It has been an emotional roller coaster the past couple days, but hopefully after today I'll have a clear mind as I move forward. I need to make sure the decisions I make are for my best interest, and I need to make them wisely and not based on my emotions.

In regards to my health, I'm sure it's nothing major, but I have not been sleeping well, having daily headaches, random dizzy spells, and lacking energy. I have an appointment with my doctor next Thursday so we'll go from there.

In regards to my fitness journey, there have been many changes that have happened quickly and unexpectedly the past couple days. My main trainer, Mike, is no longer working at the fitness center where I train. I've been working with him for 2 1/2 years and he was always one of my biggest motivators and supporters, and over that time he also has become one of my best friends. It's difficult to know he won't be there any more, but I also know there is something great out there for him. And even though he may not be training me, we'll always be friends. But, even before him leaving, I had other things that were bothering me that had me questioning each month on if I wanted to continue my journey with the fitness center. I met with the owner today and I was able to get all my concerns and feelings out there, which helped tremendously.

For those of you that know me really well, know that I'm a person of consistency and when I face changes like these it can be very emotional and difficult for me. As much as I will miss Mike training me, and as much as he will miss training the clients he had at the fitness center, we both have better things ahead of us and regardless of what happens our friendship will always be.

When I saw this quote, it made me think about how important it is to make sure I do not make decisions while I'm so emotional. If I just quit right now, I'm basically giving up and closing the book on this journey. But, with the changes taking place, I realized I need to face the changes with an open mind, take it a day at a time, and see where my journey takes me. So, here's to new beginnings on an old journey. And Mike, you're an amazing person, trainer, and friend; so here's to new beginnings on your own journey and can't wait to see what good comes your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment