Translate

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Focus On Progress

One of the habits I'm having the hardest time breaking, is that I want to do everything perfect! When I'm doing an exercise, especially if it's one I've never done before, I'll do a couple reps, look at the trainer, and say "Am I doing it right?". Even though they always tell me, don't worry about it, they'll let me know if I'm doing it wrong, I will repeatedly ask them this question. I'm not sure how many times I asked Michael this question tonight, since I only have to do extra burpees for saying the word can't. (And just FYI - I earned 12 burpees today using that dang word!) I've even sent two e-mails already tonight to him because now I'm not sure if I'm making the right selections for my proteins, healthy fats, and smart carbs on this new meal plan.

I was sorting through the different motivational quotes, and when I saw this one, I couldn't help but think of how I'm constantly striving for perfection instead of focusing on my progress. I know it's not about being perfect, but because I feel if I don't get results or progress each week, then I'm doing something wrong. I know this is something I really have to work on, and in the meantime I'm sure I'll be driving Michael bonkers with all kinds of questions. But, just like everything else I tend to over analyze, I will end up looking back and thinking to myself, "Why did I stress about this?".

No comments:

Post a Comment