Translate

Sunday, September 15, 2013

I Choose...What's Best For Me

People often ask me how I've been so successful with my weight-loss, and the truth is I just started to do what was best for me. That means I no longer did things to please everyone else. I started to make decisions that would allow me to take my life back and be happy. I quit worrying if someone would be offended or upset if I missed a family get-together; or if a friend would be mad if I said no when they wanted to hang out. That doesn't mean I don't make time for my family and friends, because having that balanced into your life is important. But, that just means I may have to miss out on some of these things from time to time because of what might be best for me. 

Unfortunately, there are times when people in my life, or new people that come into my life, don't understand why I have this mind-set and tend to think I'm selfish. And, that's okay, because maybe I am being a little selfish and there's nothing wrong with making sure I'm taking care of myself first. The people who truly care about me will understand and support me; the people who don't, I don't need that type of negativity and discouragement in my life any way. So, if you are trying to choose what's best for you, just make sure you don't let the opinions of others effect your decisions that could hinder your success. Remember, it's your life and you're the one that has to live it, so do what's right for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment