Translate

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Weigh-In Update - Self Discipline

I'm finishing up my second week on this carb cycling meal plan Michael had me try, and I lost another 1.2 pounds this week. Allow me to break it down to illustrate what that means in the overall scheme of things.

In the last two weeks I've lost a total of 4.2 pounds.
In the last eight weeks I've lost a total of 13.2 pounds.
And, in the last 2 1/2 years I've lost a total of 117.8 pounds! Yeah, I'm counting the tenths, those are hard to earn also! :)

But, it really does come down to hard work and self discipline. Even after 2 1/2 years, it still comes down to a mental thought process for me. Yesterday is a great example. My nephew was staying the night so my family ordered pizza. Not only was yesterday my low carb day and also the day before I weighed in, but pizza is my all time favorite food. I really wanted to have pizza last night with my family, but instead I went through the whole mental process and ate my turkey breast and veggies. When it came down to it, I knew what I wanted the most, and that was to see a lower number on the scale. I knew eating pizza the night before probably wouldn't help me any. Besides, I can eat pizza on my reward meal I have coming up soon. Last I checked, we're not in short supply of pizza options, so I think holding off a couple days won't hurt me any. And as you can see, it paid off! Now I'm one step closer to reaching my end of year goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment