Translate

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Temptations

A few times a week someone makes a comment regarding how well I'm doing with my weight-loss and wish they had the self-control I have. And then there are some they think this has become something that is always an easy process for me. Obviously after going through many changes in how I eat and workout, my old habits have been replaced with new healthier habits, but I still encounter temptations on a daily basis.

We had a company picnic today and there were a couple people serving that questioned the fact I didn't want a serving of everything they offered. Had I done that, my plate would have had brisket, smoked turkey, baked beans, coleslaw, bread, and cookies. For me, eating all this is not only not in my meal plan, but it's not necessary. So, being my high carb day, I chose the smoked turkey for my protein, small serving of the beans for my healthy carb, and then I had a few pickles/onions on the side. I said no to the slaw, bread, and cookies and I was satisfied with my meal.

But, to my main point regarding temptations (and the inserted picture), after I did my cardio today I went back to the office to be available for the work phone for a couple hours. And being I'm the only one there at the time, it was quiet and I had some time where I was able to just kind of think about things. I had went to the copier and as I came back I passed what we call our "Sugar Shack" and I thought this is a perfect example of how temptations are always around, and it's not always easy for me. As you can see this has everything from pop tarts, donuts, chips, crackers, candy bars, cookies, and I'm sure I'm missing something. But, what I want to point out is I took this picture standing in the doorway of my office, so you can imagine how often I pass this. For me personally, this is exactly why it's important for me to plan my daily snacks and meals. If I don't, then I'm tempted to grab something out of here, and that's not going to help me reach my end of year goal. So, yes it has become easier for me not to give into these temptations; but, the fact of the matter is, they will always be there and I have to decide what I want the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment