Translate

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Weigh-in Update

If you are a friend on my personal Facebook page, then you already know I'm not excited about posting this weigh-in update. But, this is reality and all part of the weight-loss journey, so it's just as important to share this as it is when I lose. The last thing I want is for someone to ever mistake that this is an easy journey for me, or anyone for that matter. I also want to thank those who sent me positive and encouraging messages. 

So, I was up 2.2 pounds this week. I know I had to back off this week on my cardio, and in the beginning of the week I even had a couple sessions where I didn't push too much, because I have been sick. I know it's important to get plenty of rest, so that's what I tried to do. I made the decision to not go in early for cardio this week, and just focus on giving my all during my workouts. And regardless if that played a part in the gain or not, I still am not happy with that much of a gain. I keep telling myself it is what it is and there's nothing I can do about it now. But, I still can't help feel I used my not feeling well as an excuse and slacked majorly this week, and I'm very disappointed in myself. All I know is next week I have to refocus and give 100% physically, mentally, and emotionally. 

I received a few quotes from friends, and even though I'm still struggling about this gain and feeling discouraged, I do believe this quote has to be the most suitable for this week's weigh-in. I know there's many things to be excited about, including where I'm headed in my weight-loss journey. And I know as long as I continue to have the support and encouragement of my friends and family, and my trainer never gives up on me, there's no doubt I'll get where I want to be, even if it is a rocky road.

No comments:

Post a Comment