Translate

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Excuse vs. Reason

I think this says it all! One thing that helped me in the beginning was I started to recognize the difference between an excuse and a reason. For example, when I had my emergency appendectomy, that was the reason I missed a week of working out. And that was one of the longest weeks of my life! I think I bugged my trainers to death with texts and messages because I was so bored and missed them! But, I didn't use it as an excuse to not participate in a 5K run three weeks later. The doctor released me, so I got out there and ran as much of it as I could.

When I first started working out and eating healthier, I had to take it one day at a time. Now it's all just a part of my normal day. In fact, if I don't make it to the fitness center five days a week for my sessions and cardio, it just doesn't feel right. So, determine if you have reasons or excuses that are keeping you from reaching your health and fitness goals. Because if they are excuses, then you only have yourself to blame for not being successful.


No comments:

Post a Comment