Translate

Monday, August 5, 2013

Weigh-In Update

This week I only lost .2, not even a half a pound. After losing 7 pounds last week, I was slightly nervous to step on the scale today because I really set the bar high proving I can accomplish anything I set my mind to. And when I saw this picture, it made me realize I can't stress every Monday when I walk in and Michael points to the scale reminding me it's that time. It is what it is, and if I put in the effort and hard work like I should, then the results will show.

And even though I busted my butt in my workouts, completed all my cardio and the 9-minute mission workouts Michael gave me, I knew there were a few other important components to successful weight-loss that I could have focused on a little better. There's so much more to losing weight than just working out. 

Not only does your diet need to be clean, but not eating enough can cause the number on the scale to not decrease, which I missed the majority of my snacks causing my caloric intake to be very low almost everyday. And then of course stress and lack of sleep (which can go hand in hand) can hinder your weight-loss as well. With the doctors appointments, and still not getting results of why I have the random dizzy spells and headaches, just stressed me out more than I should have allowed. The lack of sleep probably stems from the stress, which causes me to not have an appetite. It's almost like a vicious circle that I can't get out of. 

Regardless of what's going on, I have to get all three of these components under control so next Monday I can have another great number to report. Trust me, there's nothing more frustrating than working your ass off during your workouts just to step on the scale and barely see it go down. I know if it's going down, that's a good thing, but as long as there is room for improvement there are no excuses!

No comments:

Post a Comment