Translate

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Quit Talking. Start Doing.

Some times the best way to help people is to keep it real, so that's what I'm going to do in this post. That's one thing all my trainers do, and I greatly appreciate it, even if it's hard to hear sometimes. They always empathize with me, but they also make sure I don't lose focus of reality and the big picture. If they coddled me every time I was frustrated or upset, I probably wouldn't be as successful as I am today.

Please know I didn't have any particular person in mind when I decided to write this post, but when I saw this quote, I couldn't help but think of how often I hear people say things like, "I wish I could do what you are doing.", "I'm at my heaviest, but I can't stick to a diet.", "I've got to quit eating like this, but it's too hard" or the one that I hear the most "I want to lose weight, but I don't have time to do all that." I hear someone almost every day make a comment similar to these. And, I don't know how many times I've told people, you have to start making it a priority and you will be able to do what I've done.

Back in the beginning of my blog, I had a short post regarding the difference between interest and commitment. If you haven't already read it, or if you already did, it might be a good time to go back and check it out. It was one of the motivational quotes and you can click HERE to read it. I encourage you to check it out and then make a commitment to YOURSELF! Remember, you can be interested in something, but unless you are committed to it, you will never get the results you want. So, what are you going to do? I recommend to quit talking about what you would like to do, and start doing it!


No comments:

Post a Comment