Translate

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Just Keep Going

Sorry it's been a few days since I've been on here. My week started off pretty rough and I was frustrated. As most of the people who read my blog are aware, regardless of your own personal health and fitness goals, it can be a challenging and emotional journey. Everyone has moments where they tend to get discouraged, but the important thing is to not completely give up. It's also the reason it's important to surround yourself with people who truly support you. I'm thankful for those people in my life. I received a lot of encouragement from friends, family, and my trainers.

My trainer really earned his pay this week, not just as my trainer, but as my counselor as well. That's something I've always loved about all my trainers, they are always willing to take the time to listen and help me through those difficult moments when all I want to do is give up. They always remind me of how far I've come and all the things I'm capable of doing, that over two years ago I never thought I could do. I had a few talks this week with my trainer and one of my past trainers, which got me through another discouraging moment.

Next week he has me starting a new meal plan, it's a carb cycling plan, and hope this helps start the weight-loss again. Even though the last couple weeks haven't been that great on the scale, I was reminded by multiple people that in the past month I've lost 9 pounds, which is a little over 2 pounds a week. Yeah, the majority was the first week I switched trainers, but none the less that's a great number. And it's like Michael said, there are people who would love to be able to do that!

Something else Michael and I discussed today was doing something for myself, besides working out. I tend to make time for things, but then after a few weeks, I get back to my old routine where it's work and working out. Something I love to do is read, but I just don't make time for it like I should. This is something that could easily be worked into my schedule, and might benefit me in multiple ways. Many times Mike and Steven have talked about things I need to not do right before bed to sleep better, and one is being on the computer. So, after talking with Michael today, thought getting back to reading could be something I do right before I go to bed and maybe it would help me relax. This could benefit me by relieving stress and allowing me to sleep better.

I'm feeling better about things now, and looking forward to starting this new meal plan next week. The most important thing I want people to get out of this post, is you will have rough moments, but just keep going and don't give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment