Translate

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Daily Thoughts

Yes, it's been way too long since I've been on here. No excuses, just not making the time to get on here like I should. But, in the time I've been away from blogging, I have been working on myself with the help from one of my biggest mentors, Michael Watkins. If you're new to my blog or journey, Michael is the owner of Fitness Together and also my main trainer. I've been there for a little over four years and he's not only helped me with my fitness and nutrition, but here recently he's been helping me with my mental, emotional, and spiritual health as well. He's helping me learn how to keep all these balanced on a daily basis. One of the things is creating that time daily for yourself to meditate and journal. I've noticed the last few weeks that I've really been making all of this a priority, and on a daily basis, I'm feeling better overall. I'm more positive, I'm not stressing over things I normally would stress about, and more importantly I'm learning how to apply all these things to my health/fitness, my job, my family/friends, and myself. So, I figured getting back to blogging as part of my daily meditation and journaling, I'm killing two birds with one stone. I figured each day I'm learning something, or having that aha moment, and why not share it with those who might benefit from it as well.

Today what I learned is it's not how long, or even what you do, that really matters to those people in your lives; but the fact you make the effort and take the time to spend with them. I don't spend a lot of time with my nephew Talon, because I feel I need to have a whole day or be able to do something big with him so I put it off until I can take a full day or have the extra money to spend. But, part of the balance is working on those relationships with your family and friends. And what I learned today is he was happy with two things and it took very little time and money. He wanted to go ride bikes, so we went and rode for about 15 minutes and then after that we went and had ice cream at Braums. Total time spent hanging with him was about 90 minutes and cost less than $10.00 and he was happy.

One of my goals is to make sure I journal daily, and I want to make my blog part of that process, even if it's simply getting on here and saying "Hey, life is great!". So, as I end this so I can go prepare my meals for the week, remember being healthy isn't just about eating the right things and working out; but it's also making sure you are well balanced and are healthy physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I'll expand on each of those this week on what exactly that means to me. Until tomorrow, stay focused, stay positive, and do the work!

No comments:

Post a Comment