Translate

Friday, May 29, 2015

Weekend Workout Challenge

One of things I want to be able to do is educate those who may not be familiar with some of the workout language I use when tossing out these workout challenges. I mean, hell, before I started working out regularly and really learning I didn't even know what a deadlift was! So, I'll do my best to not assume every reader will understand what I mean when I say things like HIIT, Tabata, or AMRAP.

Last weekend we did a HIIT workout, this weekend I'm throwing an AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible) challenge out at ya! An AMRAP is basically taking a list of exercises that have a specific number of reps and repeating all the exercises for "As Many Rounds As Possible" (AMRAP) for a specific amount of time. Sometimes I'll do three mini AMRAPS where each circuit is only 10 minutes, or I've done one before (not sure what the hell I was thinking) where I had 8 exercises and did as many rounds in 45 minutes.

Well, don't worry, for the weekend workout challenge I'm just wanting to encourage people to get some additional activity in and not using the excuse that it's the weekend, gym is closed, or any other reason someone could have to not at least do something. So, for this specific challenge it's a 20 minute AMRAP.

Set a timer for 20 minutes and then complete the following reps/exercises and repeat for As Many Rounds As Possible until your timer goes off. I encourage you to note how far you got and then do the exact same workout in a month or so and see if you can improve and do more.

  • 80 jump ropes (or jumping jacks)
  • 40 body weight squats
  • 20 bicycle crunches (20 per side)
  • 10 push ups
  • 5 burpees

No comments:

Post a Comment