Translate

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Don't Give Up

If you're like me, then you've started over many times new diets or started working out again. And being the New Year, this is when we typically want to start a new plan/program. But, I've been there before, where I'm always starting over. And almost 5 years ago I started over for the last time. I started at Fitness Together in March of 2011, and instead of starting over every year, I'm just continuing my journey each year. And there was a time when I did get to that point where I thought about giving up because I doubted what I could do. But, I also remembered I made a commitment to myself when I started and I wasn't going to give up on myself this time. I knew that feeling I got when I would give up and go back to eating like shit and not working out; and I didn't want that feeling again, but instead I wanted to feel the satisfaction of not giving up and seeing what all I could accomplish. And I'm so glad I kept going! After almost 5 years, I'm the healthiest I've ever been, and I'm doing more than I ever thought I could do. So, next time you start getting discouraged and are wanting to just give up, remember how you've felt in the past and then imagine how amazing it will feel and what will happen if you don't give up and you keep pushing! You'll never reach your goals or become better if you're always giving up and starting over! So this time, keep moving forward, and just see what you can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment