Translate

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Daily Motivational - Competition

This week at Fitness Together we officially kicked off the six week "Great Jeans Challenge". In this challenge we all have an opportunity to win a new pair of jeans, we just have to lose two jean sizes in the next six weeks; but, only one person has the opportunity to win free training sessions and that person has to be the one who improves the most over the challenge! My regular training sessions are 1:1 private three times a week. But for the next six weeks I'm adding a fourth day; however, this session is with a small group PACK session. It's been about a year since I participated in a PACK session, and I was a little nervous about it because the other two ladies are my competition for this challenge. But, we all kicked butt, and after my legs got feeling back in them and the nauseous feeling left, I was able to get on the treadmill and do my cardio. Knowing I had this competition, did it motivate me a little more? Yes, but also having the owner right there reminding us what we were there for helped as well.

It's good to get involved with a small group session, or workout with a friend or relative, for some extra motivation. If you are the competitive type, and even if there's no prize (besides the fact you're getting closer to reaching your goals and you're doing more than the other person), this is a good way to push yourself. Because when the trainer tells you all to do as many rounds of exercises within a certain amount of time, you're going to bust your butt to get the most rounds! I have some co-workers who have recently joined a fitness center and one of them mentioned having their assessment. She did 65 crunches in 60 seconds, because all she knew is she had to get more crunches in than her sister did.

We've heard before, there's nothing wrong with a little healthy competition, and I truly believe it can push a person beyond what they imagined. In fact, this is what keeps a lot of people motivated and on track, trying to be the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment