Translate

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Weigh-In Wednesday

Well, to help myself with my accountability, I said I would post every Wednesday what I gained or lost for the week. This week I lost 1 pound!

Because it's the first weigh-in I've done since starting the blog, I just want to share some of my thoughts regarding the scale and weighing in. Keep in mind, becoming healthier doesn't always mean losing weight. Some people can have a normal weight and still be unhealthy. So, if losing weight is part of becoming healthier for you, I welcome you to join me in weigh-in Wednesday and track your weight in a journal or spreadsheet; or pick another day to weigh-in. You're more than welcome to share it on here if that helps you with your accountability, but if not that's fine, I just encourage you to at least keep track of it in a journal or spreadsheet.

And don't fret if you gain a little. The scale is a good guide, but there are other aspects to improving your health than just losing weight. The scale can't be the only thing we focus on, and definitely can't allow it to get in our way of our overall goal we want to achieve, which is getting to a place where you are happy with yourself and living a healthy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment