Translate

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Daily Motivational - Weight Loss vs. Fat Loss

When I saw this, it made me think back when I posted about fad diets. Most of these fad diets guarantee quick results where the results usually end up being temporary. And it is my personal opinion, the reason these fad diets do not produce permanent results, is because they focus on selling a "quick fix". But, the problem is, they don't teach a person the importance of eating healthy and working out.

And I'll just throw one out there as an example, the cabbage soup diet. I never tried this one because I'm not that big on eating cooked cabbage, but when a person who is desperate to lose weight might look at this and think why not try it. Now, keep in mind, had I read through this over two years ago, I might have found it pretty tempting. But, now that I've been educated on the importance of eating healthy, there's no way this can be good for your body. And not once did they ever suggest any type of fitness activity!




The cabbage soup diet is a 7-day plan, and every day you can eat as much of this cabbage soup as you want at any time, in fact the site says "eat it all day and night if you want". And then each day it tells you what other things you can have in addition to the soup. So, looking at this, several concerns jump out at me. One, you only get protein two days and that's not until days 5 and 6. Then day 4 kind of concerns me with having as many as 8 bananas that day, as much skim milk as you would like to drink, and then of course all the soup you want. And then how the diet ends on day 7 is a HUGE concern for me, where you get brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices, and vegetables, and I quote from the site, "Again STUFF, STUFF, STUFF yourself." Then right after that final advice it states, "That's it. Good luck. We would love.....". I'm not going to waste any more space on my blog to finish that sentence.

The point is, they only give you advice regarding the seven days you are on this diet. If a person actually does stay on the diet all seven days, yeah they probably do lose weight, but then after the seventh day they are then left thinking to themselves, "Now what?". They haven't been educated on the importance of eating healthy and working out, nor have they been educated on what is considered healthy eating. This type of fad diet is designed to get a person to lose weight quickly, but then because they haven't learned how to live a healthier life, they go back to their old eating habits and put back on the weight. So, take the time to learn the difference between "weight loss and fat loss" so when you start getting results, they are permanent!


No comments:

Post a Comment