Translate

Monday, April 1, 2013

Daily Motivational - Focusing On The Goal

I just officially finished my first week of the "Great Jeans Challenge". By keeping in mind I still have five weeks in this challenge, I was able to get through another holiday family meal without going over my daily calorie intake. I basically looked at what all my options were, decided on what I really wanted the most, and had small portions of each item. I ended up having 615 calories for my lunch, which included dessert. Now, typically I keep my calories for lunch between 300 and 400, so taking in 615 for a holiday meal is not bad. Planning around the meal and making sure my other snacks/meals were light and healthy, I managed to keep my total daily calorie intake at 1330. My personal daily target is 1200-1400, so I feel I did pretty well.

But, something else has put the challenge into prospective and has made me realize exactly what I need to accomplish. The goal is to lose two jean sizes by the end of the challenge, so I went through some clothes a friend's mother gave me and found two pairs of jeans in the size that is my goal. Lets just say, comparing them to the jeans I wear now, I definitely have my work cut out for me. It's not going to be easy, but it's not impossible either. I think it has helped me visualize what exactly I'm working towards and will keep me focused on the goal!




No comments:

Post a Comment